Architectural Barriers and Attitude Barriers Business Workshop
Identify Common ADA Architectural Barriers and Solutions for the Resort, Restaurant, and Lodging Industry.
This iterative live workshop identifies common ADA Architectural Barriers at resorts, restaurants, and retail businesses. The workshop may be customized for specific industries, events or times.
In this interactive training , we present common ADA architectural barriers, the audience offers their solutions the moderator then explains the proper solution and why .
We all want our facilities to be safe, comfortable and welcoming for all of out guests. Many business people do not realize that 20% of the USA population live with a disability, or that consumers over age 50 are the biggest spenders. Most business owners have good intentions to follow the ADA, however employees often place items in locations that create barriers to accessibility.
Architectural Barriers Workshop Take-Away Points
- Define Place of Accommodation and responsibilities for facilities, goods and services.
- Discuss the most frequent Disability Discrimination Architectural Barriers ADA Litigation.
- Explain the secretes behind how a Consumers with Disabilities selects a particular business to sue.
- Review ADA accessible on-line tools.
- Demonstrate Accessible Path of Travel requirements.
- Review samples of accessible path, accessible aisles, accessible parking, accessible entries, accessible sidewalks, accessible restrooms, accessible signage and more.
- Discuss restaurant seating, hotel rooms, salons and spas, retail shopping, casinos and gaming, recreational facilities, swimming pools, fishing docks, seating, serving food, buffets, hotel rooms, changing rooms, spas, golf courses, and other resort amenities.
- Teach the ADA Civil Law obligations and 2012 Florida Building Code obligations that lodging and resort facilities need to be aware of to meet the needs of guests living with disabilities.
This is an excellent ADA training workshop for Business Owners, Property Owners, Property Managers, Key Staff, Facilities Managers, Risk Managers and Operations Managers.
We are now scheduling for our 2017 Architectural Barriers ADA Workshops. Please contact us to review your event requirements. Please review our page Speaker and Workshop Fees for information on the different types of speaking engagements offered and a list of bonus items for meeting planners. All of our topics may be customized for your individual event.