ADA Service Animal Law, Stay out of the Doghouse, Workshop
All businesses must allow Service Dogs. It’s the Law.
Know ADA Service Animal Law. ADA Service Animals are allowed in businesses. The only place an ADA Service Dog may be denied access is in certain medical clean room environments. Every day we hear news stories of business owners believing that they have the right to question and deny access to their facility to people with service dogs as a “property right.”
We created our “ADA Service Animal Law, Stay out of the Doghouse, Workshop” to dispel the myths.
There are many myths about training certifications, Dog I.D.’s, therapy snakes, and service parrots.
We hear the term PTSD thrown around in the media and many have misconceptions of how this disease, defined by a group of symptoms, impacts the ability for many people to interact in social settings the same way they did before they experienced a life-changing trauma.
When hospitality and restaurant employees deny people access with their service dog, it not only breaks judicial law and carries a steep fine, but it also negatively impacts the person.
- How to dispel the myths and focus on the ADA Service Animal facts.
- We provide customer service tools for successful interactions with Service Dog users and how to turn them into loyal customers.
- Know the only two questions that a business may legally ask a person with an ADA Service Animal.
- Know the legal difference and rights between ADA Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals.
- Understanding PTSD: The Role of a PTSD Service Dog and the LAW.
- Review all of the symptoms of PTSD and how they impact may impact a person’s daily life.
- With the right tools, a business can engage consumers with service dogs, increase their bottom line and avoid costly judicial discrimination lawsuits.
- A Service Dog is available as a trainer at this workshop..
This is an excellent ADA training workshop for Owners, Key Staff, Facilities Managers, Risk Managers and Operations Managers.
We are now scheduling for our 2017 Architectural Barriers ADA Workshops. Please contact us to review your event requirements. Please review our page Speaker and Workshop Fees for information on the different types of speaking engagements offered and a list of bonus items for meeting planners. All of our topics may be customized for your individual event. Speaker and Workshop Fees